Wiro binding is recognised as one of the most effective binding techniques – commonly used on sketch books, note pads and calendars. This binding method involves a punch and bind machine to punch holes in the document and then insert a twin loop wire around it to secure it.
Here we look at some of the benefits of wiro binding:
Wiro binding is more durable than coil or spiral binding. While these processes utilise a single continuous loop of plastic that is wound around the document, wiro binding uses twin wire loop to bind it. The more complex twin loop system also makes the product tamper-resistant.
A wiro bound document can support both low and high page counts and the pages can rotate 360 degrees so can be folded back on itself or opened completely flat.
While a little more expensive than some other binding methods wiro binding gives a professional and stylish look. The wires come in a range of colours and are not just practical and durable but elegant and attractive too.
Some recent wiro bound projects we have worked on:
PGA Catalunya Resort Stadium Course
- We printed 2,500 copies of these brochures
- They were wiro bound at the top
- Printed full colour throughout
- Trimmed to size 100mm x 170mm
- These were delivered to Spain
St. Mellion (the 2 brochures were printed together to reduce set up costs)
- Version One: The Kernow Resort Course
- Version Two: Nicklaus: The Signature Course
- We printed 500 copies of each
- Full colour throughout
- Also wiro bound at the top
- The Nicklaus version was trimmed to 100mm x 170mm and the Kernow version was trimmed to 100mm x 160mm.